Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The layering of different types of vinegars gives a complex taste in this low-fat, healthy salad. The prep time does not include marinating time, so allow time for that.
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can wax beans
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 10 packets Splenda sugar substitute (or to taste)
- Rinse beans under cold water and drain in strainer or colander.
- Mix together drained beans with red onion, bell pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir together vinegars and Splenda; adjust sweetening to taste.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well.
- Marinate salad several hours under refrigeration, as flavor develops over time.
This is a good recipe. Very light and refreshing. Will make again.
This was EXCELLENT!!! I made it for a Memorial Day party and it was a huge hit. I didn't change anything and made the recipe exactly as written! DELISH!