Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from my friend Hazel. I would NEVER eat three bean salad until I tried this. Now I love it! Time does not include marinade time.
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can cut wax beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced thin
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Crisco cooking oil
- 2⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- Rinse kidney beans with warm water, drain.
- Drain remaining beans and place them in a large bowl.
- Add kidney beans.
- Add onion and peppers.
- Place remaining ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Pour over veggies.
- Let marinade overnight.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
- This keeps well.
This was very tasty three bean salad! I couldn't find wax beans anywhere so I just subbed garbanzo beans. I use olive oil instead of Crisco and used 2/3 cup vinegar, as you recommended! Thanks for a yummy salad!!!