Prep 3 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is my mother-in-law's three bean salad recipe...I'm not sure where she originally got it from but, it is my husbands favorite salad. It is a very simple, great tasting salad. The recipe calls for kidney beans but, you can use any kind of beans you like. We have used northern beans and my mother-in-law suggested using black beans.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans, drained well
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can wax beans, drained well
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained well
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Mix the green beans, wax beans, and kidney beans with the onion, sugar, and vinegar.
- Add the oil, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Marinate in the fridge for at least 3 to 4 hours, stirring frequently.
- Drain off the excess liquid before serving.