Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad keeps in the refrigerator for at least a week or two. Note to World Tour participants - I believe the ingredients used in this recipe are typical for the Canada region.
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil, like crisco
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can French style green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 large green pepper, chopped fine
- Combine marinade ingredients.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the mixture and chill overnight.
This has always been a big hit for dinner get-togethers. I usually make this for Easter. My family loves it. I usually add a little extra vinegar.
Wow, this was really great! I didn't chill overnight, but long enough. I used a half a can of the kidney beans. This was so good homemade! Will make again. Simple and delicious, what more can you ask for in a dish?
WOW PanNan what a wonderful dinner you brought into my table last night. My whole family loved it, and they told me to thank you for a wonderful dinner and that they demand that I make it again very soon. Now for the Bean Salad, I added red onion instead of white, some green onions, and a can of chick peas. YUM! I refrigerated it for 4 hours instead of over night (made the same day for dinner) and it was nice and chilled. Not overly sweet at all. I have left overs and I can't wait to have with tonight''s dinner. With this bean salad I also made your "Recipe #39618" and your "Recipe #318025" can everyone say COMFORT FOOD? Loved it, thank you so much :) Made for Fall PAC 09