Recipe by homecookingcentral
Easy to make, delicious bean salad with a red, white and green theme that keeps well in the fridge. It's also very nutritious. Although it is oil and vinegar based, most of the oil stays behind in the bowl, so it is low fat, high fiber and low carbohydrate. You can make it on the weekend and have it available as a side dish all week. I've been making it so long I can't remember where it came from. It is great for covered dish dinners and is always a popular item because it is very colorful and appealing.
Top Review by RecipeNut
I loved this salad! Easy to prepare and very colorful in a clear bowl or trifle. I used fresh green and yellow beans for this and the marinate was not overly sweet like some are. Thanks for a new salad recipe!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut green beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cut wax beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (4 ounce) jar chopped pimiento
- 1 large green pepper, chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup malt vinegar
- 2⁄3 cup salad oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper