Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a really good three bean salad. I used to make this all the time and I just found it in our family cookbook where I'd submitted the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar or 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 16 ounces wax beans, drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- In large bowl mix sugar, oil, vinegar, and seasoning salt.
- Add remaining ingredients and toss together.
- Cover and marinate at least 4 hours.
This was a really tasty and easy to make salad! The flavor is right on the mark for the classic bean-salad taste. If there was a little extra dressing, I used it up by putting in a couple extra cans of beans: I used 6 cans total, which seemed just right, and all the different beans looked just beautiful. Thanks for a great recipe! :)
Very good flavor. Will use this recipe a lot this summer.
Good flavor. I thought it made just a bit too much dressing, but everyone loved it. Thanks.