The fresh herbs make all the difference in this salad. One of the best bean salads I have had.
Make and share this Three Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups fresh green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup scallion, chopped (green & white part)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh mint leaves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sea salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
- Trim the green beans and cut into 2-3" lengths.
- Steam over boiling water until just tender and bright green.
- Rinse under cool water and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oil, vinegar, garlic, red pepper, herbs, and green onions.
- Season to taste with sea salt & black pepper.
- Mix in the beans and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Terrific salad and very healthy. I cut back on the oil and subbed basil for the mint as I'm not a fan. I think this salad gets better the longer it marinates. Nice salad, Chandra.