Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is one of my husband's favorite bean salads. I got the recipe from his grandmother. It is VERY vinegary.
- 1 (15 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coleman's mustard powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar or 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Toss beans and onion; set aside.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, garlic and spices. Pour over bean mixture.
- Marinade 8-24 hours. Can keep in refrigerator for a week.
- NOTE: This recipe is easiest to make and marinate in a 1 gallon zip lock bag. It mixes easily and marinates more evenly!