Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
Very quick and healthy summer dish
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 1⁄2 cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Trim beans and cut into 1 inch pieces; add beansnto boiling water.
- Boil for 2 minute and drain. Pour cold water over beans and set aside.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, oil, and mustard. Add cumin, chili powder, and onion. Mix well.
- Add green beans, chick peas, and kidney beans.
- Toss well, adding salt and pepper as needed.
This was good, I love bean salads. I do have to add that I used the whole can of both beans mixes n chickpeas (didn't want to waste) and I am looking forward to the leftovers for tonight's meal.