Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe has many of my favorite ingredients including pinto, lima, and white beans along with dijon mustard. I havent made it yet but when I saw it in the emailed newsletter from My Daily Moment I knew I had to save it to try later.
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 ounces white beans
- 16 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 15 1⁄2 ounces lima beans, drained
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish add the brown sugar, ketchup, dijon mustard, and black pepper stirring until well combined.
- Gently stir in the beans and cover casserole dish. Bake for 40 minutes are until beans are heated through.
I wanted to like this but it just was not our cup of tea. We do like many different kind of beans so I thought I should try the pinto beans. It doesn't present with a very nice colour and I did follow the recipe except that I added some diced onion. I am not awarding stars because it likely is not the recipe that is at fault. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This was a fantastic recipe, and it was so easy to throw together. I love beans so when I saw this recipe I knew I would like it. I used a can of black eyed beans instead of the lima beans cuz I don't care for lima and I used a can of romano beans which i had on hand. Still was wonderful, and I have leftovers to go with dinner tomorrow :) Thank you so much for posting a recipe that I will make again Lauralie. Made for kid friendly tag game.
I was skeptical at first, but we LOVED this recipe. I think next time I will add some diced shallots and garlic to the mix ~ loved the medley of beans, and the brown sugar mixture gave it a hint of sweetness. Made for ZWT5 !