Recipe by Ackman
This is my wife's recipe. I'm not a big bean eater, but this is SOOOOO good!!! IDK where she got it, but I'm putting on the Zaar for safe keeping!
Top Review by nkoprince08
This is just like my Mom's Three Bean Hotdish recipe...delicious!! I love how simple and yummy this recipe is...I think I could it this everyday if I let myself ;) The only thing I did differently was to leave out the Crisco, I just didn't think it need it and it turned out perfect. Great recipe!!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Crisco, butter flavor preferred
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, light preferred
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (22 ounce) can baked beans, BUSH's preferred
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt shortening in a large fry pan.
- Brown ground beef, bacon & onion together.
- Season to taste with Lawry's Season Salt & Black Pepper.
- Drain & discard fat.
- Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar & dry mustard.
- Cover & simmer on med. low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the kidney beans & butter beans. DO NOT drain the baked beans!
- Stir the ground beef mixture & all the beans together & place into a 2-3 quart casserole dish & bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350°.
- NOTE: You can place all ingredients into a 4 quart crock pot & simmer for several hours on low instead of baking in oven.