1/1 Photo of Three Bean Hotdish
This is my wife's recipe. I'm not a big bean eater, but this is SOOOOO good!!! IDK where she got it, but I'm putting on the Zaar for safe keeping!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Crisco, butter flavor preferred
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, light preferred
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 (22 ounce) can baked beans, BUSH's preferred
- 1Melt shortening in a large fry pan.
- 2Brown ground beef, bacon & onion together.
- 3Season to taste with Lawry's Season Salt & Black Pepper.
- 4Drain & discard fat.
- 5Stir in the brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar & dry mustard.
- 6Cover & simmer on med. low for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 7Drain the kidney beans & butter beans. DO NOT drain the baked beans!
- 8Stir the ground beef mixture & all the beans together & place into a 2-3 quart casserole dish & bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350°.
- 9NOTE: You can place all ingredients into a 4 quart crock pot & simmer for several hours on low instead of baking in oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Bean Hotdish
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.8
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 57.8 mg
- Sodium 1023.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 24.6 g
- Protein 23.3 g