Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup carrot, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup zucchini, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons canned chipotle chilies, 1 1/2 t to 1 T chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in a large stockpot over med-high.
- Add onion, carrot, and garlic and saute 5 minute.
- Stir in 4 cup water and next 12 ingredients (through tomato paste); bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 25 minutes or until carrot is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in vinegar and chipotle.
- Top with cilantro and cheese.
I made this several months ago and it was so fantastic that I took about four hours today to try to find this exact recipi again.
My whole family loved it!