Recipe by Sydney Mike
The original of this low-fat chili recipe, which has been tweaked slightly, was found in the 2008 cookbook, Taste of Home Guilt Free Cooking.
Top Review by Starrynews
This is a wonderfully flavored and rich chili. Great texture and easy to prepare. The quick cook time is also great, since I'm used to having to simmer chili for an hour or more. This is great for a quick weeknight dinner. Thanks for sharing!
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chili beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen corn
- 1 1⁄2 cups summer squash, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine water, beans, tomast sauce, tomatoes, tomato paste & seasonings.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat & simmer, uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add corn & squash, then bring back to a boil, simmering another 10 minutes or until the squash is tender.