Recipe by Jellyqueen
This is my version of a recipe found in Light & Tasty.
Top Review by PaulaG
This recipe produces a thick and hearty chili that is perfect after a long day. I did substitute garbanzo beans for the white beans as that is what I had on hand. recipe #2642 was used for the taco seasoning. This was served with tortilla chips on the side. Made for PAC Fall 2011.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook beef and onion, over medium heat, until no meat is no longer pink.
- Add peppers and garlic and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, until veggies are tender.
- Stir in water, tomatoes and taco seasoning and bring back to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook 15 minutes, uncovered.
- Add beans and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes longer.
- Spoon chili into bowls and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.