Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Hearty and delicious, this is a bean-lover's chili for sure! Could also be made with ground turkey instead of chicken.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 (12 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can white corn
- 4 slices turkey bacon (optional)
- cayenne pepper
- In a large stock pot, add oil, onion, and garlic. Saute until onions are clear, then add chunked chicken stirring often until cooked through.
- Add cream of chicken soup and chicken broth, all beans (drained and rinsed), corn (drained), and diced green chiles. Bring to a bubble, then reduce heat and simmer until chili begins to thicken - about 20 minutes - stirring occasionally.
- If you choose to add bacon, cook this now while the chili is simmering. After it is cooked, crumble it into the chili.
- Add roughly chopped oregano and lime juice and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately, or allow to cool to room temperature, portion, and freeze.