Recipe by Barb G.
This is a low fat, high fiber, high in flavor quick and easy casserole. May be served hot or cold. Great for barbecues, family picnics and potlucks.
Top Review by flower7
These were very tasty. I didn't have lima beans or bacon so replaced them with cannellini beans and 1/2 tsp liquid smoke. Otherwise made to the recipe. Cooked a little longer to thicken them a bit more. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 6 slices turkey bacon (you can use regular bacon)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Put lima, black and kidney beans in a colander and rinse under cold water; set aside to drain.
- Cook bacon according to package directions,until crisp; crumble and sit aside.
- In a mediun saucepan, heatoil over low heat.
- Add onions and cook, stirring, until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add ketchup,vinegar,molasses and mustard and stir together well.
- Add 1 Cup WATER.
- Add the beans and bacon.
- Bring to simmer, cover and cook over low heat for 30 minutes.