Recipe by MelinOhio
A little different baked beans, but very good. These are my brother in laws favorite.
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain reserving 2 Tbs. drippings.
- Crumble bacon, and set aside.
- Saute onion and green pepper in drippings until tender.
- Combine onion mixture, bacon and remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Spoon into a greased 2 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 1 hour.