1/2 Photos of Three Bean and Broccoli Pasta Salad
This is mom's recipe for a quick all-in-one lunch idea: it is quickly whipped up, lasts several days in the fridge, is hearty/filling, nutritious, and versatile. This recipe can have many variations depending on what you prefer. The main idea is: one pasta noodle, the canned 3 bean salad, some sort of vinaigrette (or and combination of several), and any extra veggies you want in your salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring 3 qts water to boil.
- 2While bringing water to a boil, set frozen broccoli pkg in microwave to defrost for approximately 6-7 minutes.
- 3Open, drain, and rinse canned 3 bean salad in colander.
- 4When water is boiling, add pasta> Boil pasta for 8-9 minutes to al dente.
- 5As noodles are cooking, prepare the broccoli> Cut stems away from broccoli flowerettes> Cut flowerettes into bite-sized pieces> Use the stem portion as well if you prefer.
- 6Place broccoli pieces and rinsed/drained bean salad in mixing bowl.
- 7Once noodles are cooked, remove and strain in colander while running cold water over noodles to stop cooking, and cool down the pasta> With a sharp knife or kitchen scissors cut up pasta slightly (if using long noodles).
- 8Once cooled and drained place pasta in mixing bowl with bean salad and broccoli.
- 9In measuring cup pour dressing (s) of choice to 1/2 cup measure> Blend if using multiple dressings>*I use a combination of Newmans Light Balsamic Vineagrette and Kraft Fat Free Caeser Italian.
- 10Pour dressing over salad and add fresh cracked pepper and salt to your liking>*i use about 1 1/2 tbs of salt to cut the sweetness of the bean salad.
- 11Mix gently and well> Nice if chilled, but if time does not allow, it can be eaten immediately.
- 12Some add-in ideas: diced cucumber, tomato, black olives, onion, chicken/ham, sunflower seeds.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Three Bean and Broccoli Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.3
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 14.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 8.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
3 bean mix