Recipe by Geema
This evolved because I always thought that the traditional three bean salad needed a little something extra to make it more flavorful and interesting. Try this recipe and see if you agree.
Top Review by mandabears
Good recipe. I like the fact that there is no sugar in it. I used chick peas and 2 cans of green beans and did not use the butter/cannelini option. The dressing was delicious.. I took it to a cook out and it was the first salad that was finished.
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans or 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked green beans, fresh,frozen or canned
- 1 1⁄4 cups marinated artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 2 green onions, white part only,sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons coarse grained prepared mustard
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl combine the butter beans, kidney beans, green beans, onions, dried tomatoes and artichoke hearts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, mustard and salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss with bean mixture and chill for several hours before serving.