Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe given to me from a friend, that came out of "The Abs Diet, Eat Right Every Time Guide." It is a "One-Pot Dish." And it says "Powerfoods: 5"...whatever that means. *shrug* I don't use the jalapeno tomatoes it calls for, since we don't like spicey. I just use regular tomatoes. Super easy and super yum!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey breast
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with jalapenos
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- hot sauce
- Heat oil on medium-low. Add onion and saute until soft (about 3-5min). Add turkey and brown (about 5min). Add tomatoes with juice, beans, broth, and spices. Stir and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20min.
Really quick recipe for after work. Although it was ready in 25 minutes, it took longer for the flavors to fully develop.
One of my favorites, First found this on Men's Health website, a recipe from the Abs diet. This is a make ahead dish at our house. I add a can of diced green chillies for a little extra heat and double the recipe, great for the busy house.
This is an excellent recipe! I actually just had it for lunch. If you would like to know more about power foods I suggest you read the Abs Diet book or Abs Diet for Women. You can also visit http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/nutritious-powerfoods-abs-diet to learn more about power foods. As far as suggestions for this recipe go- we added some chili seasoning and it turned out GREAT! Even the kids liked it. We tripled the recipe and I'm glad we did because it's just that good!