Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Threadgill's restaurant in Austin, Texas. The grits are cheesy and delicious. It's Southern cooking at its best.
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups grits
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add grits and return to boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add all other ingredients, and put into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, stirring once after 20 minutes.
My family loves these grits. They have made it to the table for almost every major holiday. Even my fussy father in-law raved about them.
Ohh yes! I love grits, and I especially love these grits from the Threadgill restaurant. They are creamy, cheesy, and oh so good. If you like grits, you will love this easy, simple recipe. Thanks so much for sharing this keeper.
Oh my these are so good. I loved everything about them. Other than making half the recipe, I made exactly as written. Had just the right about of cheese and garlic combination. Thanks so much appleydapply for sharing. Made for Zaar Stars tag game :)