Recipe by appleydapply
This recipe is from Threadgill's restaurant in Austin, Texas. The grits are cheesy and delicious. It's Southern cooking at its best.
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups grits
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon yellow onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan.
- Add grits and return to boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add all other ingredients, and put into a greased casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for about 45 minutes, stirring once after 20 minutes.