Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
From a church cookbook I got at a thrift store
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes, crushed
- 1 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced radish
- 1 (5 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons bottled steak sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 (8 ounce) can cut green beans, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Remove chicken meat from bones and discard skin.
- Cut chicken into 1/2" cubes.
- Mix orange juice, bouillon cubes, cornstarch, catsup, steak sauce, vinegar, sugar and 1/2 t salt and set aside.
- Heat oil in skillet until a piece of the skin sizzles when added.
- Add chicken, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 t salt and accent.
- Cook and stir over medium heat 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and golden.
- Add almonds and cook and stir 1 minute.
- Mix in onion until coated with oil, then add orange juice mixture and cook, stirring gently, until mixture comes to a boil and is thickened.
- Add radishes, water chestnuts and beans and cook just until heated through.
- Serve immediately over chow mein noodles.