Recipe by Saudie
I received this recipe from my sister in law over 20 some years ago and I have made it my favorite from then on. I make this in my large roaster. Sometimes I add finely chopped carrots or garlic for a change.
- 8 -12 large cucumbers, washed, seeds removes, chopped
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped coarsely
- 6 large onions, chopped coarsely
- 2 red peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- 2 green peppers, seeds removed and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pickling salt
- 3 -5 cups water
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 6 tablespoons dry mustard
- 4 -5 cups vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place vegetables in a food processer; chop coarsely. Drain off excess juice. Sprinkle with the pickling salt and add the water. Let stand for one hour and drain again thoroughly.
- Mix together the dry ingredients in the cucumber mixture. Stirring well to blend, then add the vinegar. (This prevents lumps).
- Heat on stove. After it come to a boil, cook mixture for 20 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Place in sterilized jars and seal hot.