Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A classic dressing given a southwestern twist. Serve on salads, burgers, or add some horseradish for shellfish dishes.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce (Heinz)
- 1⁄4 cup celery, diced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup manzanilla olives, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo
- 1 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- Cover egg with water and simmer (not boil) for five minutes. Remove from heat, cover and let egg sit 15 minutes. Peel egg and chop. Let it cool. Add to other ingredients and mix together. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
I liked this & found it perfect for a southwest spin on a chef salad. The dressing is full bodied & features many nice elements, but the olives and chipotle stole the show for me. I used a mini chopper to mince the veggies, but opted to leave the olives chunkier. Will make again. Made for Spring 2012 Pick A Chef.