Recipe by Julesong
This is the astoundingly good dressing that we use on our reuben sandwiches and in shrimp cocktail. Others have told me that they make it just to use as a dip, and - coming from my description in our Reuben Sandwiches Our Way (Reuben Sandwich Our Way): "you can call it Thousand Island or French, whathaveyou" - keep it on their table and call it What-Have-You Sauce. Thank you for the tribute! :)
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Best Foods or Hellmann's or Vegenaise)
- 3⁄4 cup catsup (or more, to taste) or 3⁄4 cup ketchup (or more, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon dill relish
- 1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic or 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine the mayonnaise, catsup, relishes, onion, garlic, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper to taste. Mix well!
- Makes about 2 cups dressing.
- To store: put in a tightly covered clean glass container in fridge.
- To use: put it on reuben sandwiches, pot roast patty melts, burgers, in shrimp cocktail, on salads, or as a dip for chips, veggies, chicken nuggets, steak fingers, et cetera!