Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not to be confused with Mirjam's Chocolate Covered Ant recipe... This is a simple salad dressing that can be made at the last minute, and is a great stand-in for the bottled stuff.
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish or 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- Measure mayonnaise, chili sauce and pickle relish into a small bowl.
- Stir together well.
- If too thick, add a splash of milk.
I only use Thousand Island Dressing when making Reubens, so usually if I buy a bottle most goes to waste. I was thrilled to find this quick and easy remedy for my problem! Thanks for posting.
Thanks! Just ran around to three local stores, no thousand island. Thanks to this recipe we were not embarrassed to serve our corned beef. Tasted great.
Good substitute, I added a little sugar and a dash of ground chipolte to spice it up a little.