Recipe by Misa
This is a recipe from America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking software for the Nintendo DS. A different take on the dressing, fresh parsley imparts an herby flair to the sauce. I think next time I try this, I'll cut up a hard-boiled egg and mix in, as well. Please see the note at the end for more information about the use of sweet pickle in this recipe. I agree with the note on the original recipe - do not use sweet pickle relish instead of regular sweet pickles, the taste would be overwhelming.
- 1⁄2 cup minced sweet pickle
- 4 pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince sweet pickles, olives, and garlic clove.
- Chop up enough parsley to make an amount of 2 tablespoons.
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Notes: The original recipe called for 2 small or 1 large sweet pickle. My grocery had a jar of mini pickles or pickles that ranged on the small to medium side. I bought the second jar - I used 3 pickles in my food processor and had just slightly over 1/2 a cup. Next time I make this, I'm going to just use my food processor and chop the pickles, olives and garlic all at once to save some chopping time.