This is a recipe from America's Test Kitchen: Let's Get Cooking software for the Nintendo DS. A different take on the dressing, fresh parsley imparts an herby flair to the sauce. I think next time I try this, I'll cut up a hard-boiled egg and mix in, as well. Please see the note at the end for more information about the use of sweet pickle in this recipe. I agree with the note on the original recipe - do not use sweet pickle relish instead of regular sweet pickles, the taste would be overwhelming.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mince sweet pickles, olives, and garlic clove.
- 2Chop up enough parsley to make an amount of 2 tablespoons.
- 3Whisk all the ingredients together.
- 4Notes: The original recipe called for 2 small or 1 large sweet pickle. My grocery had a jar of mini pickles or pickles that ranged on the small to medium side. I bought the second jar - I used 3 pickles in my food processor and had just slightly over 1/2 a cup. Next time I make this, I'm going to just use my food processor and chop the pickles, olives and garlic all at once to save some chopping time.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thousand Island Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (15 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.5
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 562.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pimento-stuffed green olives