Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Low fat, low sodium, delicious, and a fraction of the cost of store-bought dressings.
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup no-salt-added ketchup or 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1 ounce finely chopped pimento stuffed olive (, or pickle relish)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced onions
- 2 slices beets, well drained and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (optional)
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.
- Will keep refrigerated for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
This is a fantastic dressing. Living in rural Alaska where we cannot just go to the store and pick up a bottle, I truly appreciate being able to log in and find a recipe for my favorites. This was terrific, we used sweet chili sauce and a spicy fresh red pepper, skipped the beets and added Thai Chili sauce for heat.. It is a keeper!!
I have made this several times and never ever get tired of it. Its fabulous! Update - I am still making at least once a month this dressing. There simply is not any better. I usually do not add the beets and prefer the relish to olives. I have added 4 tsp of whipping cream to even make it creamier. DO NOT TRY THIS RECIPE - then I can have it all to myself!!!
Fast to make and tastes great!