Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you run out, here is a quick recipe that tastes better than store bought!
Make and share this Thousand Island Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon white onion, finely minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl. Stir well.
- Place dressing in a covered container and refrigerate for several hours, stirring occasionally, so that the sugar dissolves and the flavors blend.
This is the best recipe! I've made it several times and haven't purchased bottled thousand island dressing since. <br/>HERE IS A TIP:<br/>The first thing I do is dissolve the sugar completely in the vinegar. That way I don't have to wait several hours for the sugar to dissolve while in the refrigerator. Mine is ready to go as soon as I make it. :)
Wow, I am so glad that I ran out of salad dressing! I made a huge green salad for dinner topped with shrimp, tomatoes, avocado and sliced hard boiled eggs - and then realized I had only greek dressing in the fridge. This might have been okay in a pinch, but this dressing made it awesome! I left out the sugar, because the relish gave just the right amount of sweetness. One of the best salads I have ever had (if I do say so myself)!!
Better than store bought! Thanks for sharing. BTW, you can substitute the white vinegar with white balsamic vinegar and leave out the sugar!