Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is the best home-made Thousand Island dressing I've ever had. I always keep a container of dried buttermilk powder in the fridge so that I can make this at the last minute, if I need to. Cook time is the time it takes to boil the egg.
- 1⁄4 cup tomato-based chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 2 tablespoons minced dill pickles
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 hard-boiled egg
- 4 -6 tablespoons dry buttermilk
- garlic salt
- liquid hot pepper seasoning (Tabasco)
- In a bowl, combine chili sauce, onion, pickle, lemon peel, horseradish, mayonnaise, and egg.
- Stir in dry buttermilk until dressing is of desired consistency.
- Season to taste with garlic salt, pepper and hot pepper seasoning.
- If made ahead, cover and refrigerate for up to 10 days.
Nothing to add, change, or discuss. This was JUST PLAIN GOOD! Thanks Jude.
YUM!!!! This is great! Glad I doubled the recipe ;) I had some garlic stuffed olives that I chopped and added. I had on baby spinach, pickled beets, hard boiled eggs and croutons. This recipe is A WINNER!!!!! I can't wait to try out on house guests. Thanks Jude!