Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Dress up plain green beans to make them something special!
- 1 lb fresh green beans (or frozen)
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- salt and pepper
- Combine olive oil and garlic in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add prosciutto and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add green beans and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Add broth, lower heat and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until beans are cooked to desired tenderness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
I am always looking for new ways to prepare green beans. This is really easy and the prosciutto is a nice compliment to the beans. I used canned green beans instead of fresh. Thanks for sharing, Kari!!!
These are fantastic, quick and easy. Wouldn't change a thing.
I used good ol' bacon since that's what I had on hand and it came out delicious. Thank you for sharing.