1/1 Photo of "those" Chocolate Cookies
1 hr 25 mins
Sue Lau's Note:
My DH lovingly refers to these as "Those" chocolate cookies, and without saying, I know which ones he is talking about. I call them chocolate pills. They cure just about anything that ails me. Recipe by Ann Hodgman.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 113.39 g unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 255.14 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 118.29 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4 large eggs
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 22.18 ml instant espresso powder (optional)
- 9.85 ml vanilla extract
- 255.14 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- parchment paper
- 1Place a metal bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and add the first three ingredients.
- 2Cook over low heat, stirring, until they are almost melted, then remove from heat.
- 3Continue to stir until they have all melted and the mixture is smooth.
- 4Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- 5In another large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar, using a mixer, for approximately 10 minutes.
- 6Add the espresso power if using (I like these better without), also the vanilla, and beat for 2 additional minutes.
- 7Stir in the melted chocolate until it is evenly mixed, then add the flour/baking powder/salt mixture.
- 8When that is smooth, fold in the chocolate chips.
- 9Refrigerate the batter for 20-25 minutes.
- 10Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 11Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- 12Drop chilled batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto the parchment lined cookie sheets about 2-inches apart.
- 13Bake cookies, one baking sheet at a time, for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- 14When done, cookies may appear cracked and shiny on top.
- 15Allow cookies to rest for a few minutes, the place on a cookie rack to complete cooling.
- 16Store any cooking you are not eating right away in the freezer or refrigerator, not the cookie jar.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "those" Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.2
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 30.2 mg
- Sodium 48.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 2.5 g