Recipe by Sassy in da South
A traditional pie created for the Kentucky Derby from historical Beaumont Inn in Harrodsburg, KY. I always make this for Derby parties as well as anytime I have the craving for it.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup butter, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup ice water (more or less)
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons kentucky Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all except water in food processor until crumbly.
- Slowly add ice water until mixture just holds together.
- Wrap in a flat circle in plastic wrap; Chill overnight.
- Next day, form into pie pan.
- Beat eggs with cooled butter.
- Add flour & sugar.
- Beat until mixed well.
- Gently fold in pecans, chocolate & bourbon. Add mixture to pie shell.
- Bake at 350° for about 30 minutes, or until set.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream.