Recipe by Chocolatl
Adapted from Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery. This somewhat resembles tuna Nicoise, but is much simpler and contains mayonnaise. I have changed the recipe from 7 ounce cans of tuna to 6 ounce cans, and reduced the amount of mayonnaise slightly. You can substitute curry powder for the paprika and capers for the parsley.
Top Review by pink cook
Last Saturday, I had a pouch of tuna and found this good salad in Chocolat's "Tasty and Pink" Cookbook, so i made it and my husband and i enjoyed it very much. Thanks Chocolatl. I tagged this recipe for THINK PINK RECIPE TAG EVENT - October 2011.
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and cut in wedges
- 8 ripe olives
- 4 hardboiled egg, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- parsley (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash tuna with a fork.
- Add 3 tablespoons mayonnaise and mix well.
- Mound tuna mixture in the center of a serving platter.
- Surround tuna with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and eggs.
- Combine remaining mayonnaise with garlic and mix well.
- Mix in paprika.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over tuna.
- Garnish with parsley.