Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
Got this recipe from a friend. They are really good. A nice variation on the dish.
Top Review by Starrynews
Wonderful enchiladas! The sauce is a wonderful touch - delicious! I used corn tortillas and gluten free flour blend in the sauce. The veggie garnish added a nice fresh touch and a nice color. Thanks for sharing!
- 8 (6 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced green chili peppers (you can use a can or jalapeno's instead)
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- sliced pitted black ripe olives
- chopped tomato
- sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven = 350 degrees.
- For sauce:.
- in a saucepan cook onion, garlic, coriander, and pepper in butter till onion is tender.
- Stir flour into sour cream; add to onion mixture.
- Stir in broth and chili peppers all at once.
- Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly – your house should smell awesome now.
- Remove from heat; stir in ½ cup of the cheese.
- For the filling:.
- stir ½ cup of the sauce into chicken.
- Place about ¼ cup filling atop each tortilla; roll up. Arrange rolls, seam side down, in a lightly greased 12x7½x2-inch baking dish. Or you can layer it like a casserole of course.
- Top with remaining sauce.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven about 35 minutes or till heated through.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, about 5 minutes more or till cheese melts. Sprinkle with olives, tomatoes, and green onions. Let stand 10 minutes.