Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
This just tastes so yummy. The whole family loves this cake and it's a good solution for if you have large quantities of rhubarb in your garden!
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Alternately mix in the eggs and egg yolks with the almonds, flour, baking powder and the cornflour.
- Spread mixture on an oven tray and bake for 10 minutes.
- Cover with the chopped rhubarb and bake for a further 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile whip egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Gradually add sugar to the egg.
- Spread the mixture over the rhubarb and bake for a further 10 minutes.