Recipe by Member #610488
This recipe is from a stall in one of the street markets in Bangkok, Thailand.
- 8 Thai red chili peppers, stemmed, seeded, and julienned
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 shallot, minced
- 3 small green mangoes, peeled and julienned
- 18 green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 14 grape tomatoes, halved
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 teaspoons palm sugar or 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons roasted unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1 small dried shrimp, ground (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound the chiles, garlic, and shallots until bruised. Working in three batches, add mangoes and pound, using a spoon to combine, until softened slightly, 2–3 minutes. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
- Add green beans and tomatoes to mortar and lightly pound them to extract juices; stir in fish sauce, lime juice, and sugar. Transfer to bowl with mango mixture. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with crushed dried shrimp and peanuts.