1/1 Photo of Tho Ruung Red Curry Stir Fry
Member #610488's Note:
This recipe is from a stall in one of the street markets in Bangkok, Thailand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small eggplants, cut into 1 inch thick chunks or 2 cups round Thai eggplants, halved
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 lb asian mustard greens or 1 lb swiss chard, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- lime wedge, for garnish
- 1Whisk together curry paste, sugar, garlic, and 2 tbsp water in small bowl. Set aside.
- 2Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until eggplant is browned.
- 3Stir in curry mixture, and cook 30 seconds, or until vegetables are coated.
- 4Add mustard greens, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until leaves are wilted. Stir in coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups water, and season with salt, if desired.
- 5Cover, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender. Serve with lime wedges.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tho Ruung Red Curry Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 112.7
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 31.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Thai red curry paste
light coconut milk