Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is from a stall in one of the street markets in Bangkok, Thailand.
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small eggplants, cut into 1 inch thick chunks or 2 cups round Thai eggplants, halved
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 lb asian mustard greens or 1 lb swiss chard, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- lime wedge, for garnish
- Whisk together curry paste, sugar, garlic, and 2 tbsp water in small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant and onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until eggplant is browned.
- Stir in curry mixture, and cook 30 seconds, or until vegetables are coated.
- Add mustard greens, and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until leaves are wilted. Stir in coconut milk and 1 1/2 cups water, and season with salt, if desired.
- Cover, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until eggplant is tender. Serve with lime wedges.
This is a great side dish with a nice mellow flavor. I just decided to make it to use up the last of my red curry paste, but I will definitely make it again. Thanks for sharing!