1/1 Photo of Thit Kho to -- Pork in Clay Pot
This comes from a Vietnamese cookbook, lent to me by a friend. She loves this recipe but I've not tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make the caramel by heating the sugar in a small, heavy-based pan over a low heat.
- 2Stir constantly until it is moist and thick.
- 3Take off the heat and add the fish sauce.
- 4Return to a low heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- 5Add the shallots and pepper to the caramel and leave to cool.
- 6Pour the sauce into a claypot or flameproof casserole.
- 7Add the pork to the sauce.
- 8Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes over a low heat, stirring occasionally.
- 9At the end of cooking, the pork should be in a little rich gravy.
- 10Serve with the egg if using, spooning the gravy over them.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thit Kho to -- Pork in Clay Pot
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.0
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 2836.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 20.2 g
- Protein 24.3 g