Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from a local Vietnamese restaurant.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb sirloin, tips thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup broccoli floret, tops no stems
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, black pepper, cornstarch, and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. Add beef, and mix well.
- In a large wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat for one minute. Add meat; cook and stir for about 2 minutes, or until beef begins to brown. Transfer beef to a large bowl, and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Add onion; cook and stir until tender. Mix in green beans, broccoli, and add broth. Cover, and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until beans are tender crisp. Stir in soy sauce and beef. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 or 2 minutes, or until heated through.