1/1 Photo of Thit Bo Cuon La Luop (Vietnamese Beef in Grape Leaves)
Sue Lau's Note:
These have a great char-grilled flavor and are perfect for summertime and outdoor cooking. A perfect accompaniment would be Cambodian grilled corn (see recipe on Zaar).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons nuoc nam (spicy fish sauce)
- 2 teaspoons fresh minced gingerroot
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 25 canned grape leaves
- 4 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons carrots, shredded
- 1Rinse grape leaves in hot water; drain.
- 2Mix beef with garlic, 2 tsp nuoc mam, ginger root, cilantro, 1/2 tsp sugar, dash black pepper, and green onion.
- 3Place generous tablespoonful on grape leaf, and roll envelope-style.
- 4For sauce, mix together 4 tbsp fish sauce, 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp vinegar, 2 tsp sugar, the red pepper, and the 2 cloves of minced garlic.
- 5Stir in 3 tbsp shredded ginger and 2 tbsp shredded carrots to the sauce.
- 6Place on skewers and grill (If using wooden skewers, soak in water for 20-30 minutes before using), or broil, 6" from heat for 10-12 minutes.
- 7Serve rolls with dipping sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Thit Bo Cuon La Luop (Vietnamese Beef in Grape Leaves)
Serving Size: 1 (889 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.2
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 386.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 4.0 g