Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This recipe comes from the kitchens of a Boy's Camp in Northern Minnesota. Once hardened, they will keep in a cookie jar for several weeks.
- 3 cups shortening
- 4 cups water
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 8 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 8 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 tablespoons powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 cups white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix shortening, water, eggs and molasses in a large mixing bowl using an electric beater at low speed.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon, and stir until a light dough forms.
- Roll walnut sized pieces of dough in sugar.
- Place on un greased sheet pans and bake 10-12 minutes .