Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I saw this in an ad for Nivea Cream. Have taken poetic license and added a few things.
- 4 granny smith apples (any other type of apple you want)
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 16 allspice berries
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 cardamom pods, slightly crushed
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- 6 cups apple cider
- 4 cups cranberry juice
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups orange juice or 2 cups pineapple juice
- rum, dark
- Combine cider, cranberry juice, water, cinnamon, allspice berries, cloves, cardamon pods & vanilla bean into a slow cooker.
- Let all the ingredients simmer for 2-4 hours in slow cooker.
- Serve in a punch bowl or some other vessel.
- Garnish with orange slices and fresh cranberries for a colorful celebration & serve in hollowed out apples with a stick of cinnamon.