Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
The real Hooters (hot) wing sauce. This is their bulk recipe--you do the math to break it down.
Make and share this This is the Real Hooters Wing Sauce for the Hot Flavor--Trust Me recipe from Food.com.
- 7570.0 ml melted butter, let sit overnight at room temp (not margarine)
- 7570.0 ml crystal brand pepper sauce
- 946.36 ml ground red pepper
- Mix red pepper and crystal sauce well using a whisk and then add to butter. Mix.
- Stir very well again using a whisk.
- Butter MUST sit overnight.
- That's it. ENJOY.
Do the math...the purpose, especially for wings, quick and easy, yes it is easy but "quick" not so much. Also, if I am trying a copycat recipe, it should be broken down appropriately. Because of this I will move on to the next.
Hooters sells their wing sauces in bottles. For the hot version, see the ingredients list on the bottle. You will see thickeners and concentrated whey protein. It has a slightly cheesy flavor from the whey and is very thick.