Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
When I made this pizza crust for the first time, my SO thought I was trying to gluten him. (I wasn't, of course!) It's definitely the best gluten free crust I've every had! I adapted the recipe from http://www.glutenfreecookingschool.com/archives/gluten-free-pizza/. The ingredients are basically the same, but I added a few steps to allow the pizza to rise. Prep time includes rising time.
- Heat the milk in the microwave until it is just warm to the touch. Add 1 tsp of sugar and the yeast. Stir and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the rice flour, cornstarch, xanthan gum, salt, rosemary, garlic powder, oregano, and 2 tsp of sugar.
- The yeast mixture should have some bubbles at the top. If it doesn't, throw it out and remix. If it does have bubbles, add the olive oil and cider vinegar.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Prepare your pan by greasing it and sprinkling it with rice flour. Pour out your dough and add enough rice flour so that it is workable. Starting in the center, work the dough out to the sides of the pan using your fingers.
- Once your crust is spread out, lightly coat it with olive oil to prevent drying and let it rise in a warm area for 40-60 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the crust without toppings for 8 minutes.
- Remove the crust and top it as you wish. Return the pizza to the oven and bake for another 10-15 minutes until the cheese is nice and melty.
- NOTE: I like to top a pizza stone with parchment paper and spread out the dough on it. Then, I can slide the parchment paper off and let the crust rise while I stick the pizza stone in the oven to preheat. The crust gets a great texture this way. I've never made this recipe on a regular pizza pan, so I look forward to reading your reviews.
Due to food allergies with dairy and corn I had to modify this recipe but it turned out great. Crispy on my pizza stone! Been looking for a good recipe since I bake alot. Cheers! Southern Healthy Cook Linda