Prep 1 min
Cook 1 min
Wanna know the secret? The reason my version of Spicy Pad Thai has almost no calories (so you can eat the whole thing and not feel bad) is because the noodle have: ZERO CALORIES, ZERO CARBS, ZERO FAT and ZERO SUGAR. HOW?! You may ask..... well, that's because we'll be using a majic noodle called "SHIRATAKI" available at Asian food stores or on line. This noodle will change your life!
- 2 (7 ounce) packages shirataki noodles
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon sriracha chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasame oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 tablespoons bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon chopped cashew nuts (or any other nut)
- red pepper flakes
- Mix everything together in a bowl. Let it sit over night if you really want the flavor to blow you away, otherwise, use it right away.
- add to well-drained Shirataki noodles and enjoy!
I really like shiratake noodles, but I have to say this dish was a tad bland for me. I think it needed some colourful vegies.
IMO, these noodles have a better texture in soups. You can make a mean Japanese miso, tofu and noodle soup with these that will only set you back 100cal or so.