Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Jerked goat and chayote squash served over rice cooked in coconut milk. There is no shortage of flavor in this dish.
- 3 lbs goat stew meat (cubed)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (crushed)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons curry paste
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons scotch bonnet peppers (minced)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chayote (cubed)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups coconut milk
- Trim meat and cut into bite size cubes.
- In a bowl, combine meat with lemon juice, stir, then add onions, garlic thyme, curry paste, pepper, salt, and minced scotch bonnet (habenaro).
- Cover and let stand in the refrigerator over night.
- Heat oil in skillet and brown the meat.
- Add water and simmer for one hour.
- Add cubed squash and more water if needed and simmer till squash is tender.
- Cook rice in rice cooker using coconut milk instead of water.
- Serve stew over cooked rice.
Great Recipe. I had it over Rice and Peas (red kidney beans).