Recipe by Sackville
Whenever I have looked at recipes for mayonnaise in the past, they always seemed quite laborious to me, slowly dripping in the oil drop by drop. But when I recently visited a friend in France, he showed me how he makes mayonnaise in 30 seconds with delicious results! Couldn't be easier than this.
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 teaspoon white pepper, ground
- 500 ml sunflower oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- The type of container is important for this. You want a tall, thin jug in which to mix the mayonnaise. My friend used a measuring cup that very much resembled a glass beaker like you would see in a science lab.
- Put the egg, mustard and pepper in the jug.
- Pour in the oil.
- Put a hand blender in the container, push it all the way to the bottom and then turn it on, slowly pulling it up towards the top of the jug as you see the mixture turning into mayonnaise.
- Pour in the lemon juice once you have your jug of mayonnaise and stir or blitz one more time to combine.
- Add any other seasonings you desire.